We've released a number of changes today.
- you can now reply to comments and posts by users who have you blocked (this was a very poorly implemented feature from a time when we were not able to exclude posts from listings)
- you will no longer receive comment reply notifications from users who you have blocked
- we now support MP4 embeds for all HTTPS-enabled hosts
- fixed issue where MP4 embeds would auto-play
The biggest changes are to the mail system. The most obvious change is that we have replaced the inbox icon with a notification bell, and instead of the icon turning red when there's an unread message, a small number will appear in a blue circle. This number indicates the quantity of unread messages that you have, but it will cap out at 9 at this time.
On the backend, there were more significant changes. Previously, we tracked only whether or not a user had an unread message. We did not track how many, and individual messages weren't ever really 'read' or 'unread'. That's changed, and unread messages now have a different style to read ones.
How messages are marked as read:
- if you load the 'unread' messages tab (the whole page will be marked as read)
- if you load a specific message thread directly
- otherwise, you'd need to click the message which will remove the 'unread' styling and mark it as read
Lots more changes coming soon.
Leave your feedback, bug reports, and suggestions in the comments. Upvote the suggestions that you agree with most. We'll use this as an indicator of what's most important.